Title Life Cycle Manager
Three configurable apps in one to make an editor’s life easier
On the cloud-based STREAM platform, editors can make use of three apps combined in one highly configurable tool to manage title types, structures, and metadata in an intuitive manner. All workflow steps of adding and editing data are easy and straightforward on any type of device.
Three apps as three different views on managing the entire product life cycle
Early Title Manager is a smart app that enables editors to create first drafts without cluttering the system with data for titles that will, eventually, not be published. Planning and budgeting tools for doing a first calculation can be used, even if only little information on a planned title is available. All workflow steps from entering first pieces of information and metadata to preparing for getting the title approved at the Editorial Meeting are covered.
Title Structure Manager is relevant for creating and defining the characteristics of new titles based on title templates, so you can save time. ‘Title families’ enable users to combine different version types and formats of the same intellectual property. Planning an audio book or e-variant to follow a book that has already been published or managing parallel versions can be done in a few clicks.
Title Metadata Editor facilitates entering and editing metadata at a highly customizable level by selecting from various scenarios. You decide which attributes and data should be included in your workflow and thus can create your own user interface for title management. If you’d like to work with different scenarios in Title Metadata Editor that are not part of the standard delivered by us, you can employ the Scenario Manager, an admin app to design your own schemes.
Panel for perfect workflow support
By making one or several selections on a central control panel, elements of the STREAM apps Early Title Manager, Title Structure Manager, and Title Metadata Editor are activated on your screen. This way, you can narrow down the functional scope of the powerful tool to the requirements of your specific tasks at hand.
Options of the panel include ‘Structure’ and ‘Metadata” for the ‘Mode’ of the tool, and ‘Drafts’, ‘In Creation’, and ‘Published’ for the ‘Life Cycle’ period you can choose to operate in.
Selecting the ‘Mode’ is the most crucial differentiation: You’ll either work on creating a structure for your new work/product/series or on entering/adding/editing the metadata for it.
When clicking on ‘Templates’, additional fields are activated to work with an existing template for the tasks you’re completing or creating a new one.
All apps are seamlessly integrated, and the switch to select ‘Mode’ or ‘Life Cycle’ – plus to work in the ‘Templates’ mode or to exit it – is always active.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 3 cloud-based apps in one highly configurable tool to manage title types, structures, and metadata
- Early Title Manager: planning and budgeting tools for doing a first calculation for title drafts
- Title Structure Manager: new and parallel versions for existing titles made easy
- Title Metadata Editor: title management tailored to your specific needs with various scenarios
- Available on the STREAM platform: intuitive, customizable, easy & fun to use on any type of device
- Title Life Cycle Manager provides a central control panel that is always available when working with the tool to jump between your area of focus: select a ‘Mode’ to work with from title draft to product creation (‘Structure’) and metadata management
- Templates are available for all key types of entities
- All apps are seamlessly integrated in one central tool and offer smooth jump out functionality to other STREAM apps