Operator of this website and controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Klopotek AG, Lorenzweg 5, Aufgang A, 12099 Berlin. You can contact our data protection officer at privacy(at)klopotek.com.
(1) Automatically-generated website visitor information
We collect information and data that is automatically transmitted or generated by your browser each time you visit our website. Such information includes the IP address, the URLs of the site you visited before accessing our website (“referrer”), the browser used, the browser language, the operating system and user interface, the access device used, date and time of your access, the pages viewed on our website, and the time you spend on the website. We do not use IP addresses to identify users.
Legal basis for the processing of such data is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR based on our legitimate interests following from the purposes mentioned below. We process the data to:
- enable your access to the website,
- to ensure network and information security,
- improve and optimize our website, and
- for statistical purposes.
The data is stored for a period of 1 month and deleted automatically thereafter.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device and which allow re-identification of your computer or mobile device, potentially across numerous websites. These cookies contain no personal data. Some of the cookies we use are deleted again upon expiry of the session, that is, when you close your browser (these are referred to as session cookies). Other cookies remain stored on your device and allow us, or our business partners to recognize your browser during subsequent visits (persistent cookies).
You may prevent cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly. However, please note that certain areas of the websites or certain services may then not work as intended (such as your user account settings, the order process or saving your preferred means of transport).
Web beacons are small graphics files (pixels) that may be embedded in our website for the purposes of recording user behavior. Similar methods include, for example, flash cookies, HTML5 cookies or other local (browser or device) storage methods that – in a similar way to cookies – allow data to be saved to your browser or device so that your browser or device can be recognized during subsequent visits or during a session.
(3) Google Analytics
You can prevent the installation of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Please note, however, that this may prevent some of our services’ feature from working correctly. Alternatively you can prevent the collection of the cookie data and your website usage data (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, you can disable data processing by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link:
Deactivate Google Analytics
This sets an opt-out cookie, that prevents the future collection of your data when visiting our website. Please note that it must be re-set when you delete all cookies in your browser.
This website utilizes Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIP()”. This ensures processing of truncated IP addresses, so that no direct personal identification via IP addresses is possible.
Use of Google Analytics is in accordance with the requirements agreed between the German data protection authorities and Google. Please find additional information here:
Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(4) Newsletter and marketing e-mails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, we will use your contact data to send you e-mail information about products and services of Klopotek & Partner GmbH and Klopotek AG and about events of Publishers’ Forum GmbH, in particular marketing e-mails and a regular newsletter.
You can withdraw your consent to receive such e-mails at any time for free e.g. by using the “unsubscribe” link in our e-mails.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. If you withdraw your consent or unsubscribe, we will delete your contact information.
(5) Data recipients
We may use third party service providers for technical services, including
- web hosting provider
- provider for website analysis and statistics (see Sec. 3)
- mailing provider (see Sec. 4).
These service providers receive personal data solely for the performance of their services for us on our behalf. They are contractually obliged not to use personal data for other purposes.
The data processing mentioned under Sec. 3 may result in data transmission to Google in the USA. The data transmission is based on the privacy shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome) and on the EC model contracts (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm).
(6) Rights of the data subject, right to lodge complaints, right to object
In addition to the right to revoke your consent given to us, if applicable, you have right to request access to (Art. 15 GDPR) and rectification (Art. 16 GDPR) or erasure (Art. 17 GDRP) of personal data or restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR), the right to object (Art. 21 GDPR) and the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
You have the right to object against all types of processing described in this privacy information that are based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, based on grounds relating to your particular situation (Art. 21(1) GDPR).
To the extent we process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR for direct marketing purposes, you can object against such processing at any time without giving a particular reason.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
We accept no responsibility for the content of websites to which external links are provided. The providers of the websites to which the links lead have sole liability for any illegal, incorrect or incomplete content they contain or, in particular, for any damage arising from the use or non-use of the information provided. We accept absolutely no responsibility for any kind of damage or consequential damage arising from the use of these websites. This also applies if the possibility of such damage has been made known to us.
All trademarks and brand names appearing on our internet site, including those protected by third parties, are subject without limitation to the respective trademark legislation and the property rights of their registered proprietors. The mere mention of trademarks on our website does not mean that they are not protected by the rights of third parties.
The copyright for documents created by companies within the Klopotek Group remains solely with the company. The duplication or use of such documents in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without our express consent.
Referral to imprint containing further important information
Please refer to our imprint for further important information on the use of this website and any consequences this may entail.
Your application and your personal data will solely be processed for employee selection purposes and in accordance with applicable privacy law by us.
Privacy Information for Applicants
The following text is intended to provide you with information regarding the data processed in connection with your application. The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is the Klopotek group company named in the relevant job advertisement. You can contact our data protection officer via privacy(at)klopotek.de.
- We use the personal data that you provide to us in the course of the application process (e.g. in letters, curriculum vitae, certificates, application forms, questionnaires, and interviews) in accordance with section 26(1)(1) Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) to conduct the application process ("hiring decisions").
- If an employment relationship is not established, we delete your data immediately after the conclusion of the application process. The application process is concluded when the time limit has expired within which claims resulting from a violation of the General Act on Equal Treatment (Allgemeine Gleichbehandlungsgesetz - AGG) can be expected (typically five months after the rejection is sent if no claim under section 15(4) AGG is received).
- If necessary, we will engage group companies as group-internal processors that carry out processing exclusively on our behalf and are not permitted to process data for their own purposes. Where necessary, employees of Klopotek group companies will be involved in the application and selection process and, in this context, receive the personal information related to your application. The legal basis for this transfer is our legitimate interest within the meaning of art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- If the relevant legal requirements are met, you have the right to be informed under art. 15 GDPR, the right to rectification under art. 16 GDPR, the right to erasure under art. 17 GDPR, the right to restrict processing under art. 18 GDPR, the right to object under art. 21 GDPR, and the right to data portability under art. 20 GDPR. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under art. 77 GDPR.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data on the basis of art. 6(1)(f) GDPR (art. 21(1) GDPR).